Now, I'm a little rusty with these forum RPs, but I'd really like to give one a try again

Lawrencia

Humanity didn't think too much of her when she first came about to the world. Then she created Black Obelisk Technologies, a company that made vast amounts of technology that people believed to be pure science fiction. Arts of an ancient yet advanced civilization brought to the modern day. Lawrencia was happy to see humanity grow from her knowledge, yet she was blind, blind to Humanity's endless hunger and greed for power. Soon enough governments around the world began plotting against Lawrencia to remove her from the picture so humanity could have her kind's technology rather than her spoon feed it to them. After the first undercover attack against the Black Obelisk tower, Lawrencia acted out in a way that stunned the world. She threatened humanity with a super soldier designed specifically to kill humans. Some backed off while others grew more hostile. This pressured Lawrencia to find a way for her to reclaim some of her kind's lost technology. She started constructing a "Void Tunneling Device". It was a machine based from Lawrencian designs that would allow her to travel to the various other universes by passing through the Void. The void simple to put was a massive expanse of many unknowns. She started an Institute to study what information was collected on the void from the Tower's database. Eventually she finished her "Void Tunneling Device". Upon activation though it worked just as prescribed the first time the second time however malfunctioning. The device exploded, tearing half of her office out of our universe and taking her with it. Lawrencia was never to be seen or heard of again. Distraught at the malfunction of such a device, her students dedicated their research into creating their own "Void Tunneling Device" to travel into the void to learn more about it and possibly recover their lost teacher. However they learned quickly how difficult it would be to create such a device.

Years later.

The Lawrencia Institute had grown, being a place where the students of Lawrencia could teach bright minds about science that was kept quiet to most of humanity. Unlike the minute amounts of Lawrencian tech given to the rest world, those enrolled in the school were able to work first hand with some of the greatest of Modern style Lawrencian technology. These new students would go on and experiment to create their own amazing breakthroughs and gadgets based on Lawrencian equipment. The Pinnacle and centerpiece of this institute however is the Void Division. The Void Division may still be a major work in progress, but some of the greatest minds of the Institute have managed to create a machine that makes gates into the void. However, the gates only last for a few seconds and are rather small and unstable. This does however allow them to collect much more data on the void and what could lie within.

Enough backstory though, lets get to the RP :3

Welcome to the Lawrencia Institute.
However you got into the Institute be it being insanely smart, parents were rich enough, or just lucky this could be your chance to shine and make a difference in the world by making something great. Now, the Institute isn't much being that the buildings are rather 1940's themed, its layout is pretty standard to any other college or university, other than the fact that it has a few special buildings added to it.
So besides your usual buildings like dorms, gyms, auditoriums and standard class buildings, there's five special buildings unique to the Lawrencia Institute.

1. Meta Science: Meta Science is where the Major Void traveling research takes place. Those who work there also stay there rather than the typical dorms. Very few students get to go there as some of the projects are revered as secret. Supposedly the Meta Science building is also haunted even though it is the newest looking building in a sense.

2. Synthetics Labs: If there's one thing Lawrencians are known for, its their synthetics. Lawrencians became famous for their breakthroughs in synthetic technology. This is where those with medical experience come to shine as they can learn about the human body without operating on an actual human and learn to create advanced prosthetic that are as natural as the actual thing. Some people are even trying their hand at making synthetic lifeforms.

2. Dark Energy Labs: Humans don't get it, but the Lawrencian's did because they naturally produce it. The Dark Energy labs is where the campus gets all its power. Even if the rest of the city experiences a blackout, the Lawrencia institute will always have power. From here students can try their best to learn about the unstable freak of reality known as Dark Energy, and see if they can harness it (Without disintegrating themselves)

4. Black Obelisk Core: Black Obelisk Core is as exciting as it sounds. Black Obelisk Core allows students get in touch with workers and scientists from Black Obelisk and see first hand how their hard work and effort has evolved from some silly doodle or concept art to something like a Powered Armor Combat suit that can stop missiles or something crazy like that.

5. The Hall: Not the Main Hall, the Hall is a memorial dedicated to Lawrencia. On display are some of her greatest accomplishments and some of her more reknown works. At the end of the hall is a large porcelain statue of her that gives most the heeby jeebies as to how much it looks like the real Lawrencia.

Now lets set a few little RP rules.
1: No Godmod. Humans are humans, not special magical wizards or something. You stub toe, toe hurts bad, you don't know why, its cuz you ain't a god.
2. Don't be a dick or rude to other RPrs
3. There is a Story, but its to be discovered. This sorta points to rule 4.
4. Don't threadjack. If you do, the void beings will get very angry and smite thee, or just make life very miserable.
5. Sexy times take place in the PMs.
6. Don't let romance destroy the story and take over. It pisses me off when rather than RP with anyone else just two lovebirds just smooch it up constantly rather than add any input to the story.
7. Have fun and Be creative.

Now Characters! :3

Before you create a crazy charactersheet, I have the simple request that you ask me two things.
1. Can I be a: Student, Teacher, Scientist, or some other thing
2. Can my classes or studies be -Insert thing here- I want you to be very creative with the classes or studies, the skies are the limit in a sense. Several major studies at the Institute have been mentioned though and the biggest one is "Meta Sciences"

As long as you aren't asking to be like.... a Teacher of Gravid Aviation or something like that, it will most likely get my approval.

Now! Character sheets!
-You can have multiple characters, 2 Max (More than 2, please ask me)
-Parentheses are optional

Name: -Insert Name here-
Sex: -Male, female, or in our modern society, whatever you believe you are-
Title: -This is your student, teacher, ect. thing-
Studies: -These are your classes, studies so on and so forth. Be creative, and no Deep sea astronomy is not a class-
(Job): -Work outside of the institute. Optional-
Appearance: -Basic Description or Advanced description if you wish, and pictures are allowed-
(Outfit): -Only if appearance doesn't feature it.
(Background): Little Background to your character and how they got where they are or something
Last update on September 29, 3:21 pm by Crystal the Dragon.
Nazis dead, Nazi Robots dead, Broke all your shit. helicopters secured.
(Would security be a viable option for a job?)
If you are lost, just keep walking. You don't need a direction to keep moving forward.

(Would security be a viable option for a job?)

(Yes ^w^)
Mi Characters! :3 At some point and time I will have pictures for them

Name: Diana Luminaria
Sex: Female
Title: Head of Meta Science and also a teacher
Studies: Meta Science, Dark Energy, Advanced Physics
Appearance: Diana is quite the woman being the perfect picture of beauty and intelligence mashed together. She is a little on the tall side and has quite the curvy mature figure, having fairly wide hips and sizable breasts. She tries not to but she does make students rather shy easily. Her skin is rather pale being that she clearly doesn't get out of the lab much. Her hair is a soft reddish brow color and usually kept tied back in a bun. She has bright green eyes and always does her best to have a pleasant smile across her face.
(Outfit): Diana usually wears sweaters (of various colors) and black skinny jeans, but can sometimes be seen wearing a suit. Over most of her clothes she tends to wear a Black Obelisk Side buttoned labcoat which is white with silver buttons and a large Black Obelisk insignia on the back. She also has a thing for scarves.
(Background): Diana was a student of Lawrencia's when she was a lot younger and found everything Lawrencia did amazing. Rather than most younger girls wanting to be stars or idols she wanted to be a scientist. As soon as she could enroll in the Institute her parents let her. After an amazing breakthrough with making a short range teleportation device she started working with Lawrencia to make the "Void Tunneling Device". After the incident though Diana promised herself that she would complete Lawrencia's work and make a successful "Void Tunneling Device"

Name: Subject Alpha or "Cwissy"
Age: The Scientists assume she's young but truthfully nobody knows
Sex: Most likely female
Title: Not to sure really. If you asked her she'd probably just squeak at you
Studies: We're studying her, but she may be studying us.
(Job): Whats a Job?
Appearance: Subject Alpha is an organism from the void. Named Crystal rather affectionately by the scientists because her hair is a mass of thin scale like Crystals growing from her head much like hair. Generally her body is shaped much like a human's but her arms and legs are more designed for her to walk about on all fours. Her hands and feet are more like paws human hands and feet. Oddly though her feet stick to most surfaces. She also has a long very prehensile tail. Her skin is very very pale presumably from not having been exposed to any superficial light ever, yet light doesn't bother her skin at all. Her body is slightly translucent as you can see veins through her skin, along with her stomach and chest being even more transparent allowing her organs to be seen. She has rather wide staring cat like eyes. Her rather small and cute looking mouth hides quite the mess of sharp teeth. She's a little taller than the average human but only if she's standing on her hind legs.
(Outfit): Prefers not to wear anything but likes to steal coats.
(Background): It was assumed that the void was very cold but when they managed to successfully bring a probe back for the first time they found quite the shock, first contact infact. This strange creature was nestled up against it, clinging to it for warmth even though the probe didn't put out much heat. Upon realizing its surroundings it got frightened at first but learned we meant no harm rather quickly. Its curiosity of us is almost as much as we are curious of it, so we let it learn about us for the exchange that we learn about it. Name trials took a while because everybody just wanted to call it "Snuggly" Or "Huggles" because the organism is incredibly affectionate. We did find out quickly it has telekenetic abilities, as it can be seen trying to communicate without speaking, moving items without touching them, and simply floating about the lab as if it was her primary mode of transportation in the void.
Name: Jennifer Rose
Title: teachers aid?
Studies: molecular biology
Job: teachers aid?
Appearance: (no tail, fur, or wolf ears, and longer hair)(she also has blue eyes)
Outfit: in picture
Backstory: used to be a human, but a terrible car accident nearly took her life, while she was laid up in the hospital her friend who studied in the synthetics lab was working on giving her a new body, which was good, cuz her body was slowly dieting from the accident, once the synthetic body was done her friend had transferred her mind (both physically and mentally) as well as her "soul" into the new body
Helljumper, Helljumper, where have you been!
Feet first into hell, and back again!
When I die please bury me deep!
Place an MA5 down by my feet!
Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear!
'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five!
The ground will rumble,
There'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone!
It's just my ghost on a PT run!

UNSC MARCHING SONG

Name: Jennifer Rose
Title: teachers aid?
Studies: molecular biology
Job: teachers aid?
Appearance: (no tail, fur, or wolf ears, and longer hair)(she also has blue eyes)
Outfit: in picture
Backstory: used to be a human, but a terrible car accident nearly took her life, while she was laid up in the hospital her friend who studied in the synthetics lab was working on giving her a new body, which was good, cuz her body was slowly dieting from the accident, once the synthetic body was done her friend had transferred her mind (both physically and mentally) as well as her "soul" into the new body

*gives approval cookie* Cookie
:3
//may I be Uriah?
I'm gonna wreck it.
Bright Brave said...

//may I be Uriah?
(Yus)

*gives approval cookie* Cookie
:3

*noms*
The ground will rumble,

UNSC MARCHING SONG
(Question one: Could I be a third technician, second class, in order to be the comedic character?)
Jester said...

(Question one: Could I be a third technician, second class, in order to be the comedic character?)

(What up Jester?)
The ground will rumble,

UNSC MARCHING SONG
Jester said...

(Yo)

(How you been?)
The ground will rumble,

UNSC MARCHING SONG
Name: Sigma (Sigmund) Dreyvor
Sex: He's a robot
Title: Chief Security of the Synthetics Labs
Studies: Multiple forms of Martial Arts
(Job): Being New Age tech, the Institution doesn't exactly like him leaving.
Appearance:
(Background): Sigmund was created along with multiple others to protect the Institution from inside or outside sources whom wish to sabotage or to harm those who live, work, or learn here. Only the Chief of Security of every section (minus the Meta Science Labs, where there were a few incidents of Constructs mysteriously malfunctioning or shutting down with no rhyme or reason, thus making Constructs in general unsafe there so they changed to more fleshy security) are given Sentient AIs capable of learning the names of those in that wing and the higher ups and adapting to feel more human like despite being robots. Sigmund enjoys lingering around when philosophy is being taught.
Last update on September 30, 10:00 am by Jester.
If you are lost, just keep walking. You don't need a direction to keep moving forward.
(Sorry about the photo link being extremely long, it wouldn't allow me to insert a photo.)
Last update on September 30, 7:28 am by Dæmion, Master of Vulgarity.